Sunday, July 15, 2012

Birthday Presents and Outdoor Geekery

There's such things as outdoor and camping geeks right?

Well if not I'm starting a new trend. From the July 19-29 or so I'll be heading out on a camping trip of a lifetime. It's going to start off with a two day drive all the way up to Montana for a wedding in Glacier National Park. The bride is a very old friend of my boyfriend's and they're getting married on the 21st. And they're getting married in a National Park that I hear is VERY gorgeous. Kudos to the bride and groom for picking an awesome place to get married! After that it's going to be about roughly a week of camping in 4-5 national parks total. I believe the stops on our list will be Glacier National Park (obviously), Yellowstone, Grand Teton, Bryce, and the Grand Canyon if we have time on the way home. Needless to say it's going to be an epic time of beautiful sights, lots of hiking, and a LOT of much needed relaxation in the great outdoors. Knowing me I'll get through a book or two on this trip too when we aren't hiking.

Now the really geeky part of this is my boyfriend told me to pack my Battlestar Galactica double tanks and dog tags. Why? I have no idea! But something tells me we are probably going to be taking some pics out in the wilderness possibly of us looking like we're running from cylons or something. Either way I'll let you know what geeky shenanigans ensue.

Since I will not be home for my birthday (we'll probably be in the middle of Grand Teton or Bryce by this point) my love gave me my birthday presents early! One was a Gerber knife that I can use on the trip. It's pretty small and sharp and awesome. And it'll probably be totally useful on this trip. But what totally made me ecstatic was getting Lollipop Chainsaw from him. As you can imagine, I had an inner geek out and had to resist jumping on him and squeezing him to death. That and I had a laptop on my lap at the time. It would have been a disaster for that computer if I had actually done that.

I played it a little bit last night. So far it's pretty ridiculous, vulgar, and a down right good time. But I'll give a better review when I finish the game and let you know my thoughts about it. Of course with Jessica Nigri basically being the official Juliet from the game, all I see is her face when I'm playing Lollipop. So I feel like I'm playing her. Or playing with her. Slightly awesome.

Anyway! I'm going to try to make a point to upload at least one picture a day while on this vacation. If you would like to follow along and you happen to have Instagram, you can find me on there at geekyambitions! Otherwise I will post up an album when I get back. So until then! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment